Cannabis is the fastest growing industry market in Canada right now.
Opening a business and starting dispensaries
Closing a business, if required in order to minimize personal liability
Intellectual Property-related matters including copyrighting and trademarks
Partner and Shareholder Issues
Applications for obtaining Retail Operator Licenses and Retail Store Authorizations with the applicable bodies or regulatory agencies
Incorporating Cannabis-related businesses
Consulting for Individuals, Dispensaries, brands, and small businesses
Contract and Agreement reviews and preparation including employment agreements, unanimous shareholders agreements, and profit-sharing agreements, etc
Business Litigation including defending criminal charges under the Cannabis Act and the Ontario Cannabis Control Act
Why Betty’s Law Office?
When you choose Betty’s Law Office, you are choosing passion, experience, and excellence. Courtney Betty is not only the founder of Betty’s Law Office, having had key roles in Canadian cannabis entrepreneurship, but has also served as President and CEO of Timeless Herbal Care; a company he co-founded. Betty’s Law Office has played a leading role in developing a legal framework for the medical marijuana industry in the Caribbean. On many occasions, Courtney Betty has been a notable speaker at events throughout Canada and internationally, making him a recognized and prominent leader in the cannabis industry. We bring this knowledge and experience to each client’s unique situation.
- Opening a business and starting dispensaries
- Closing a business, if required to minimize personal liability
- Applications for obtaining Retail Operator Licenses and Retail Store Authorizations with the applicable bodies or regulatory agencies
- Apply for Toronto or Ontario Dispensary Licence Application
- Controlled Substances & Drugs Act/Food and Drugs Act licences, including Dealers Licences